Saturday, June 4, 2011

On a lighter note!

Spent 2 days this week in Port St Johns, visiting my good friend André Weideman, who’s been part of shooting a film about dinosaurs, in that area.  So, for me, it was as if I’d won survivor’s deluxe prize, 2 nights accommodation at a 3star resort, which includes hot showers, television in the bedroom, breakfast buffet, one meal at the Delicious Monster (Moroccan lamb shwarma), and another dinner (Fillet with veggies…) at the Cremorne Estate.  Yummy.  And thanks André for sponsoring my prize! 

Furthermore, we had a good time exploring the hill/cliff/rock behind the estate, which involves a very fun journey through a forest stretch – of course we were never really on the actual path, this is what you call ‘off the beaten track’, and it took us about 5 hours to get up and back.  I’m sure it’s possible to do it in about 2hours, but André is the kind of person who really knows how to make the most of the journey .

It was good, we made some marvellous scientific discoveries, such as finding a fine specimen of the nose-horn tree, previously believed to be extinct! (no, not really, I have no sound knowledge of  science or any particular species of trees…)

Well, that’s about all the writing I can handle for today.  I’ll go to bed now and be sure not to accept any invites from any lonely strangers in the near future again.  Goodnight. 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment