Friday, June 24, 2011

240611, Friday

Didn’t do real much today.  Was bothered by a bit of insomnia last night and only got up at 9:30, feeling tired still and rather unexcited by the windy day.  After breakfast and revising Xhosa tenses I decided it was time again to visit Ncgwanguba store.

 So I drove the 20km in silence and was desperate to find some bacon and chocolate.  I almost didn’t find any bacon, the fridge slider was stuck and when I eventually got it open there were only 2 packs of bacon left, so I took both.  There wasn’t much of a choice for chocolates either but I got a Nikki (Choc with coconut and an Inside Story for one of the coming days).  Great was my disappointment when I found out they didn’t have any chocolate slabs… I could really do with a Top Deck today!  But no worries, I’ll stock up next week when in Umtata.

 Got some lemons and chillies and one of the wild avos.  Very stupidly didn’t grab a bunch of spinach while they were in stock, I was just governed by the meat/bacon craving today.  So just now as I opened the bacon, I saw that it had expired in April.  Nevertheless I took the chance and fried it with my last surviving brinjal.  It wasn’t as pleasing as I hoped it would be and I really hope I’m not going to suffer food poisoning tonight.  Well, that’ll teach me not to do it again.

For the rest of the day, I took some flu medicine and a nap.  Then read a bit from the Adrian Mole diaries that I brought for the kids.  I now regret not saving ‘Pillars of the earth’ for this time.  Oh by the way, happy birthday my friend Leon wherever you are today!!

1 comment:

  1. So friend, when can i make my way up there! i am super keen and can make time. I am such a big fan of your life, your thoughts and your work.

    ReplyDelete