Friday, June 10, 2011

100611, Rainy Friday

It rained all through the night, keeping me awake mostly.  It’s already rained more that it did when my tent flooded that first time.  Thankfully the adapted floor is still dry though!  And no serious new leaks.  My caravan neighbour, Thando, also didn’t go to work today.  He says the bridge has flooded again.  I won’t even attempt to cross it today.

I decided to have a bit of a sick day today, (I have developed a cold and there’s not much to do in this rain other than stay inside.)  So I slept late a bit.  I did get up when the rain stopped, to find someone to help me fill up my sand wall around the caravan again.  If the rain continues, it might well start flooding again! 

I’ve had a nice avo slice of bread with the remains of my spicy soup.  I’m eating very healthily, so I hope that has a good effect on my cold!  Other than that, I’ve been studying my Xhosa again.  (Thanks Ciska for lending me those little books-they’re really helpful! – I now have a better understanding of the pre/suffixes for Present and Past positive and negative! Just need to get used to it) I really want to start making some improvement now, I still know way too little. 

I hope tomorrow brings more exciting news!

No comments:

Post a Comment