Sunday, June 12, 2011

120611, Part 2, Back to today!

So, for those of you who didn’t know the whole story, I was planning to go and stay in Zithulele and I was going to rent a caravan that was conveniently already there, for extremely cheap!  It was the ideal solution! 

I believed that for a good couple of months, till February when I heard out of the blue that the caravan was no longer available.  There also weren’t any other options for accommodation, so I did the crazy thing of buying my own caravan, thinking I could park it on the same spot as the other one.  (It was quite exciting, as many of my friends were buying their first houses, I bought my own version of a first house, a caravan!)

So, it turned out that I couldn’t find any place in Zithulele to park my caravan…nightmares!  A friend who visited the area, then suggested that I rather stay in Coffee Bay and I thought, yes good idea!  (On the map it’s only 20km away from Zithulele, but such a bad road, it turned out I rather have to take the 50km way to get there) 

 Anyway, it didn’t really matter, I’m not so closely involved in Zithulele now and it’s fine. There are many volunteers that go there, because of the hospital.  In Coffee Bay, volunteers are rare.  Also the teaching with Axium Education, we do at a school that’s halfway between Coffee Bay and Zithulele.

And so I found an outside room to rent in Coffee Bay, that turned out to be more like a shack. And from there, you know the story…

No comments:

Post a Comment