Monday, May 30, 2011

300511, Monday



Monday evening, alone in my caravan,  it's really quiet tonight with Donovan gone.  I'm almost slightly bored.  I'll have to get used to this!  

Had a nice sunny day of doing some long awaited hand washing of some clothes-not everything, I learnt that from the last time (not too much at once).  Moved some stuff around in the caravan and then drove to Gcwanguba, the closest big store- 20km, to get a light bulb and a few other things.  It was pay day or something, cause the place was rather crowded.  

I had to draw some money at the cash machine, which stands right next to another queue of people waiting for something.  The cash machine was quite short in comparison!  There was a friendly old Xhosa man standing in the other queue.  When I walked past him, he held out his hand and gave me a hearty handshake.  He made me feel very welcome.  I saw him looking at what was going on at the cash machine and he would find it hilarious to see what happens as the machine spits out the notes, qa qa qa, he would say as the notes pop out, and nudge the old lady next to him. Together they would cackle...  I suppose it's not often that they come to the shop and they've definitely never in their lives had a bank account or cash card...

Yesterday, Sunday, me and Donovan had a beautiful relaxing Sunday at Hole in the Wall.  Donovan threw his fishing line in the water but didn't actually catch anything that time...  I met a little group of people from Israel, who live in Cape Town and do some teachings about the Jewish ways...  I'm now interested again in going to Israel some time, perhaps working at a kibbutz...

No comments:

Post a Comment