Thursday, May 26, 2011

260511, The night of the swamp things...


So, I was sleeping quite peacefully last night, listening to the heavy rain outside when it started to rain big droplets on my head.  And then the fun started.  It was leaking from 3 of the 4 corners of my caravan roof.  I was really not in the mood for that. All the pots and pans and towels and whatever else had to be used to try and keep things dry inside the caravan, while the tent floor was getting flooded from underneath the caravan...  Donovan went outside in the pouring rain and threw and tied the extra tent awning sheet over the roof to stop the leaking.  It worked! Thank God.  The rest of the day it kept on raining and we couldn't really do much to stop anything, so hopefully tomorrow we can do something about the floor....at the moment it's like a lake in the tent and I have to put on and take off my gumboots, everytime I'm in or out...  I really hope tonight the rain won't be too bad.  Also the little bridge that connects us to the rest of the town and the outside world is basically flooded, we could get over today with Donovan's bakkie, but my car wouldn't make it..

No comments:

Post a Comment