Friday, May 20, 2011

200511, Friday

Sorted out some English Bibles that needed to be dropped off at the Christian School this morning, they were very thankful for it!  Then someone took me for a 4x4 drive to Mapuzi, just outside Coffee Bay, it's really breathtakingly beautiful there, some day I'll walk back there and take proper photos, just be patient!  

I'm not teaching this weekend, I have a bit of a break, so I'm just hanging around a bit.  There was a post voting celebration today, to welcome the new counsellor, apparently COPE won the votes in this area.  We hope that they are actually going to do something about the roads inside Coffee Bay, have I mentioned how crazy they are, you almost need a 4x4 to drive up the hill...

Then me and Sarah and the baby hung out in the little playground that some volunteers have set up a little while back.  It's quite nicely done, just sad that there's litter all over the place.  So I got a black bag or 2 and got a few of the young boys to help pick up litter.  At least the park is clean now, but the rest of the street is still pretty dirty.  I'm not sure how exactly to motivate them without bribing them and getting them to learn to not actually litter. I just gave them some biscuits in the end...  It also doesn't help that there aren't a proper system for rubbish bins and I can't see who's coming to pick that up.  There's also a rubbish heap that's collecting randomly next to the road as you enter Coffee Bay.  This place is really beautiful, but seriously needs someone in a higher position to take charge and get it cleaned up.  Who knows, maybe COPE will do something!  We have hope for COPE!

Later, I went for a little poi session at the top off the hill behind the house.  Really awesome views of the ocean and hills.  Makes me happy.  Tonight, I might say hi to my other house fellows around the fire and tomorrow I'll try collect my things again to prepare for the next move...caravan will depart from my brother's place in the morning and reach Mosselbay at about 9 and from there, it's Donovan and the long winding road!  Prayers for safe driving and thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment