Sunday, November 27, 2011

271111, Sunday morning, early.


Rain is falling.  Again… I just got back from Bomvu about 2 hours ago.  Stayed to watch the sunrise.  It reminded me a bit of that time in London, that New Years when I thought the sun was rising outside, because they showed the video of a sunrise...  So I ran outside only to find darkness and lots of cloudy, rainy sky.  I only saw the sun for real about two weeks later.  That was London for you.

What I really want to write about is my friend Lucy.  She’s possibly been the best friend I’ve ever had.  Wow.  She’s helped me so much with this land situation, been my translator and so much more.  Almost like my agent with the community.  She’s waited with me in wind and rain, walked with me up and down the hills to find the headman and sort out my case.  She’s even gone without me in the pouring rain and waited to have meetings with the community for me.  Making sure I don’t get cheated.  Setting my best case.  I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve a good friend such as this.  I pray so many blessings on this friend of mine.  
The neighbours are playing their tunes again as per usual on a Sunday. They’re not letting themselves be put of by the rain.  Which has been absolutely non-stop.  I’m sure the bridge will be flooded again by now, the third time in one week… Not much I can do other than stay in bed.  I’m not complaining.  Had a little sunshine moment yesterday morning, went for a walk and got some washing done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment