Tuesday, November 1, 2011

011111, Tuesday, Still winter?


Tuesday evening and it feels like not much has been happening.  Actually it feels like I’ve just been drifting in a bubble for some days, not really touching ground.  It’s been windy and chilly and I feel like a slight cold might have gotten a hold of me, so I’m boiling some water for tea with a lot of lemon juice squeezed into it.

 I’m really missing having a decent camera most of the days, running out of old favourites and am really looking forward to December when I can have a camera and good lens again!  (Not sure if I said this before, but insurance is replacing my camera and lens! Hallelujah!!)

I’m supposed to be setting up exam papers for Arts and Culture, grades 7 and 8 right now, but I’m finding it near impossible to get focused on that.  I honestly don’t think I was made to be doing this sort of school thing.  School curriculum’s has never been anything I wanted to get into.  I really pray that for next year I can spend my time in a slightly different way.  I’d like to be teaching children, but definitely not in a school setup.  Extra classes for English or reading/writing is good for me.  And working with individuals or very small groups.  There’s just too many other thing I’d like to be doing instead of trying to figure out this curriculum thing… (Forgive me, but I’m just really not a school teacher!)

I’d much rather be doing further research on the whole Permaculture thing (check www.trees.co.za) and I get excited about dreaming of having a piece of land that I can live on as well as start a garden and the little library and whatever else God wills to go along with it.  I have given up on the school’s garden for now.  It’s just too far out of sight and out of mind to inspire me any longer.  I’d like to start something small from scratch and do it decently.  And let it grow from there. 

So, if all works out I’m planning on going to see the headman or chief soon to talk about some land.  (These guys are apparently very busy and even if you’ve made an appointment it doesn’t guarantee getting a hold of them.)  I’m having second thoughts about renting Lucy’s land, since I’ll be paying her rent and I’m just thinking about the future, if perhaps I can’t pay her anymore, what will happen to the library?  So, it would be better to have my own land if that is possible!  So, we’ll see…

I’m very thankful for two people who have blessed me with some money in my account!  I don’t know who you are, but thank you very much and I will use that money wisely!  And may God bless you a hundredfold!

News on Mydog:  I don’t know if it’s my imagination, but apart from becoming really picky about his food, he seems to be doing a little better each day… 

No comments:

Post a Comment