Tuesday, November 22, 2011

221111, Tuesday. Bye bye Mydog...


So this was the day.  I finally took Mydog to the SPCA in Umthatha to end his suffering.  Every day I thought maybe he would get better, and some days he was better.  But then those days come when he was just in pain...  Distemper.  Please don't let your dog get that.  Get him vaccinated as a puppy.  

I tried to remove myself emotionally as much as possible from what was happening. I pretended to Mydog that this was just another day.  But I think somehow he knew it was his last day.  When we got to the SPCA, the person giving the injection wasn't there, so I could leave him there without going through that process with him.  I don't think I could have handled that.  He's only been my dog for about two months, but he's been such a sweet, good dog and he's going to be missed.   I'll forever remember him standing there, wagging his tail and quietly looking at me as I walked away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment