Tuesday, November 8, 2011

081111, Tuesday, feeling a holiday coming on...

Koos the monkey

One of the beautiful ladies

A mama and her Xhosa pipe

One of the other mamas, very happy to see me.

Pretty much most of the weekend I spent resting from my flu or whatever it is... Not completely gone, but definitely getting better.

The kids at the school were driving me a little crazy today, because I had all the grade 6-9s together for an unplanned double lesson.  They have also not had a holiday recently and are not in the mood for working and my discipline management have not improved that much.  I mean it's amazing how quiet they are when another teacher comes close, but when I'm there they like to just be themselves and throw a party.  They are always happy to have a class with me of course.  I'm not sure how productive it all ends up to be, but we'll see in the exams who's been paying attention...

There is going to be no gas for cooking for an unknown period of time...  So tonight I made a nice fire and had an awesome braai all by myself under the full moon.  My mother left me some yummy tjops and I couldn't wait any longer to get my teeth into that.  Mydog was also pleased.  I must say, I haven't made too many fires before, but tonight everything was so perfect you'd think I'm an old pro.  Very proud of that attempt and the potatoes were also superb...

Yesterday there was a  Christmas braai for all the pensioners at the lodge, so of course I had to go check in and say hi to some mamas...

No comments:

Post a Comment