Tuesday, November 15, 2011

1111111, What a day! (I wrote this a few days ago...)


Wow I’m not certain I’m able to explain the amazingness of this day, in all the small things.


Woke up around 5, it was light already, but heading for another rainy day.  The thought that I don’t have to teach tomorrow inspired me to get up early again and face another day at school, which I’ve related to the word ‘hate’ for just about every day for too long now.  The red tape.  That’s what I hate.  The kids I love.  But the paperwork surrounding it wasn’t meant for me. Sorry, gotta get out of there.  And I trust in my Lord to make a way for me.  Thank You Lord.

Special class with the 8-9s.  Even Mbuso was there, even though he pitched up late.  I didn’t prepare anything to read for them – actually I’ve been becoming rebellious because I get asked to read/pray every week at the teacher’s meeting, I don’t have anything to share every day. Mostly I don’t want to even speak. (I am actually kind of an introvert…) But when it comes to the children, God always gives me such urgency in my heart.  I feel like it might be the last opportunity I get to give them a message from God and I don’t want to waste it.

 I have special urgency for a certain 2 students, but also for every other single child in class and also the 6-9s and even everyone in the school.  Today, I had no idea what to read and God guided me so.  I ended up with Ephesians 2, which I read from the little Bible and it was like the first time I read these words in the Bible.  God made it so alive to me again.  I pray the children understood it the same way I did.

 It is such amazing words – it says that God loved us even when we were objects of His wrath, (meaning we deserved Him being angry at us and punishing us...) it says that His mercy and grace is so ridiculously big that He even loved us when we were sinners and dead in our transgressions.  And that He made us alive in Jesus His Son for MAHALA!!! (That means for ‘FREE!!!)  Just because in the ages to come, He wants to show us the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in His Son Jesus...

Wow, I even shared that  at the one backpackers with one lady on the dance floor.  Don’t ask me how we got to that topic, but I had the sudden urge to tell her just how much God loved her and she said, “but smoke, drink…”  And I had the freedom to be able to tell her that God loves her anyway, that He even loves her when she’s drunk and when she smokes and that she doesn’t even have to do anything to deserve His love.  I told her that He didn’t like it when she was drunk, but that it didn’t stop Him from loving Her.  And that He is so patient to wait until our eyes open to see that it makes Him smile when we don’t get drunk or don’t smoke and eventually we catch on to try and make Him smile all the time, because He makes us so happy and does so many wonderful things in our lives every day.

And that was just one amazing thing that happened today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment