Monday, October 10, 2011

101011, Monday admin…


Another previous favorite revisited

Spent the whole day doing computer admin, still trying to sort out insurance stuff amongst other things and thankful for some people who are so much more helpful than others…! 
(Thanks to Genevieve from Gallo Images and Portia and Natasha from Photographic Repairs - thanks for going out of your ways to assist a person far away who you've never even met!)

Also part of my admin is of course washing!  Got nice clean sheets again tonight…  Some day if I don’t live here anymore I think I’m actually going to miss these hand wash moments…  It’s really quite therapeutic splashing around in the soap suds under the morning sun… 

 The boys came around a little late and I just tried to get them to learn: “I wash my hands, you wash your hands” etc.  I’m a little bit shocked every time at how bad their reading skills really are…  Sometimes they can’t see the difference between he and she. 

Oh we also had some laughs with some Afrikaans words that they wanted to know and tried to pronounce!  The funniest was ‘vuurhoutjies’, (matches – for those of you who don’t know Afrikaans)

Yesterday I made them snackwiches, their first ever!  And they were quite impressed.  It was a bit like vegetarian jaffles, except I added a great luxury –cheese, as well.  I made it from my samp and bean/lentils soup that really has now turned into a stew and bread that was going a bit stale.  (I discovered that I’ve been buying half-loaves for R4.50 from the local shop, where a full loaf costs only R6 at Ngcwanguba, although not so fresh and of course too far to go to everyday…)  But yes, I must say I also rather enjoyed it. 

And I love those boys more everyday, especially when they do things like wash their own dishes or clean up after themselves without me even asking.  Or wash my car for mahala (free).  And occasionally they’ll bring me a sweet or a packet of chips or something.  One day Buyana had one of those little chocolate éclair sweets and he bit it through in three pieces to share with Aphiwe and me. 

I wish I had money to buy them new school shoes and some new clothes.  The soles of their shoes are so worn trhough, they’re practically walking barefoot.  And I wish Yum Yum peanut butter would sponsor us like a ton of crunchy peanut butter and jam and make bread available at a cheaper price in this area.  There should be cheaper prices and not so much cheaper quality of goods for poor people!!! 

Here nobody drinks Fanta, -Twizza does the job, nobody eats Nik Naks, it’s Sick Snax or something or other with a fake name. 

Psalm 37:11 “But the meek shall inherit the earth and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace”
And 37:16  “A little that a righteous man has is better than the riches of many wicked” 

No comments:

Post a Comment