Friday, October 7, 2011

071011, Friday, Happy 1st birthday Capri-Sezah!!!


 Finished early with teaching at the holiday camp, all in all a good experience this week!  Came back and decided to do a little bit of washing since it was a beautiful sunny day and there was water.  Two things that are not always present, around here, so you’ve got to kind of take advantage of it when it is.  Glad that I did that, because right now, 8pm, there is no water again and who knows how long it’s going to last.  Well, it is the first time this week that the water’s cut off, so can’t complain too much.  I’m thankful for my 5L bottle reserves, so I could get clean again.

While I was doing the washing, I just thought of Buyana and all the other kids around here.  Pretty much all the kids also have to do their own washing.  By hand.  And very often, like last week when we didn’t have water for almost 3 days, they still didn’t have water for about another 2 days…  Yet, you don’t really hear them complain. It’s just a part of life.

Today was the sweetest girl, little Sezah / Capri’s first birthday and I arrived at the party just as it was ending.  But all my beloved children were still there and I had a warm welcome and lots of hugs from Snooks, Josh, Asefika and of course plenty cuddles from birthday baby Sezah herself.  One of those days that I wished I had my camera there, just to capture those happy little faces and make sure I’ve got all the images to last me a lifetime of joyful memories.  I guess this one I’ll just have to carry in my heart.

This week has really been full of these kinds of moments.  Small moments that make me feel like heaven must be really close by.  I made Sarah a slideshow of pics that I’ve taken since I came here, mostly pics of Sezah, sharing the love with all her friends, and we watched it when the party was over.  Sarah loved it of course and furthermore it was totally priceless seeing all the kids freak out about it.  Snooks and Asefika and even Josh and Jesse totally loved it.  I think for Snooks it was like seeing a movie with herself in it, she was quite out of her skin.  And I was the contented observer filled with enough love to last me another month.  Only Layla was a bit upset that there weren’t enough pics of her in it.  I hope I get the opportunity to make it up to her in time for her next birthday…

Mydog, Buyana and Aphiwe joined me on the walk to the other side.  We all had walking sticks today, well except for Mydog of course.  We carry the sticks for a number of reasons, firstly just because it’s fun walking with a stick.  I myself have always rather enjoyed a bit of stick twirling along the way.  Aphiwe has gotten a rather long stick, which he uses to practice a form of pole-jumping as we walk.  Not to mention that it’s handy purely for just being a walking stick.  Then of course protection from whatever one may need protection from.  Aphiwe has gotten me quite aware of the fact that there are plenty of snakes around in these parts as summer draws near…  Everywhere we go people seem to be interested in our sticks and why we carry them, hence the thorough dissemination of reasons why we do. 

I must say I really enjoy the two brothers and appreciate that they choose to tag along wherever I go most of the time.  They are also continuously growing fonder of Mydog and I often see them sharing parts of their food with him.  It’s always a joy when our little party sets off on a mission somewhere.  


No comments:

Post a Comment