Saturday, October 8, 2011

081011, summer Saturday


Another pic from the past... 

What a truly blessed day today was.  Went for a walk in the morning and came back to have breakfast and play a little bit of djembe drum…  I was almost on my way to the other side when Sarah, Sezah and Michael called me from the fence.  They all came for a little visit and we sat outside the tent with Sezah splashing around in my black washing tub, her own personal little swimmingpool.  Had a lovely time…!  When they left I played a bit more of djembe, I’m working on a certain rhythm that I want to get right. 

Then Buyana and Aphiwe came by and we set off for the beach with the djembe, 2 pairs of pois and a tennis ball and one beach bat (the other bat didn’t survive the last session…)

As we neared the beach our little party grew with another couple of random kids who followed and wanted to join in the fun.  Amazingly everyone had something to do and we all had a great time.  The boys were playing cricket with the beach bat and I was thinking that it would be great if we had an actual cricket bat…!

It wasn’t long before some boarders from the Christian school came by, they were also having a beach day.  And pretty soon, Snooks, Layla and Jesse also pitched up with Liza.  They made a nice little shelter with some towels and branches, very inventive Snooks! 

I was super stoked because I had 3 groups of my children all in close vicinity of each other on the beach and we could all hang out together and share the few ‘toys’ that we took.  It was almost a case of 5 fishes and a couple of loaves of bread as everyone had something to play with.  I guess they were all doing a good job at sharing. 

I was amazed at the one boy with hearing problems and what a natural rhythm he had on the djembe!

Mydog was resting on the sand mostly, I think yesterday’s walk put him in pain again…  Sorry Mydog!

Tonight I’m making soup again, adding some broccoli for variety.  It also includes more samp these days and beans that I bought from the ladies couple of weeks ago.  It’s also sometimes turning into more of a stew than a soup.  Good stuff! 

I’m not going anywhere this evening, got no petrol in my car and the petrol pump in Coffee Bay has been dry since yesterday, so hopefully on Monday we can get mobile once more!  The campsite seems very peaceful tonight, even on the outside I don’t hear any taxi parties going on at the moment – can only be a good sign.  (Most weekends you’ll find groups of people having a party outside the campsite, on the way to the beach.  It normally gets quite rowdy as a lot of drinking goes on there, but I wonder if the police has decided to step in this weekend?  Hope so.

Oke, the soup is looking good and I’m getting hungry now…! 

No comments:

Post a Comment