Tuesday, July 26, 2011

260711, Tuesday, safe for now...

Last night was another rather tough stormy night.  I got the caravan and tent moved to a drier spot, but we made the wrong decision to turn it to face the west wind, not a good idea.  I guess it's a good thing the wind blew so wildly last night, so I could realize that I had to move it again.  Couldn't sleep as I had to get up every now and then to put in poles and pegs...

My body feels really broken today.  I've grown some new muscles, or just pulled them.  My hands are roughed and bruised with little cuts I'm not sure what from, I just remember hitting myself with the hammer once.  Before you laugh, just imagine yourself out in a storm in the middle of the night, can't see much cause you're wearing a hoodie to try and protect yourself from the elements, wind and rain and you're tired cause you've been running around frantically all day and night and you keep on putting the hammer and peg out of your own reach and you can't even see where you put it...  I'm not complaining.  I'm just stating the facts, so you know how much I appreciate being able to sit under some blankets right now and drink some rooibos with a whole lemon squeezed into it.  (Gotta take precautions here!) And my electricity is back on as well as my gas, I'm almost back to completely fully operating!

And pray that tonight I'll have a peaceful sleep and no more dramas and disasters please this week thank you, it's been fun.  It's kind of nice being on a new spot I must say.  I'll still have to get used to it and tell you all about it.  

By the way, it's still raining...!

No comments:

Post a Comment