Monday, July 25, 2011

240711, Sunday rest day

The past week has exhausted me for some reason.  I guess Tuesday night’s staying out a little later than usual for Kobus’ birthday took it’s toll on me.  Also a lot of things happened in those first couple of days of the week, my mind hasn’t processed all of it yet.

 It is Sunday and I decided yesterday already that I’m not going to see anyone.  I just want to sleep and quiet my thoughts.  It’s worked out well so far.  I woke up at 9ish and although the sun was out it was also a bit cloudy, almost misty so I easily slept until 11:30.  I was quite surprised to see it’s so late.  I went for a shower and not long after I got back, Mawar-one guy that works for Leon, came around with some straps that we’ve been planning to use to secure my tent more before the August wind starts.  I was glad to be up and dressed by this time.  I didn’t expect them to come around on a Sunday.  It took only 3 minutes to put up, but I am thankful to Leon and Mawar for doing this even on a Sunday.

 After that I went to the shop to buy half loaf of bread for R4, I was happy to see that they give that option, because I always let my bread get moldy.  And that is so wrong, I should really learn a way to not let that happen.  Make a sandwich for someone every day…? Oke, I’l try to remember that.  A good idea, actually.  I should invest in more peanut butter and jam and every day make a sandwich or 2 that I can take with to the mamas and share.  Sometimes when I run into someone o n the road, I could also give it to them.

 I walked past an old lady with 2 children today with my half-loaf.  I recognized her from selling beads on the beach.  She doesn’t look very rich.  I should have given her something, I realised when I got home.  When I took some raisins later, she’d left.  I don’t know if she was there hoping to get something, but she didn’t beg and I walked right past.  I know she would have been very thankful for any small thing I would’ve given her.  I’m sorry that I didn’t.  I hope I run into her again soon.  And I hope God lends me His heart and His wisdom the next time I come across such an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment