Thursday, July 14, 2011

140711, Thursday-almost done with Holiday camp!

Lunch time peanut butter/jam and polony sandwiches...
Break time fun and team building exercises

Putting heads together in the science class...
Tomorrow is the last day of the week's 'holiday camp'.  It's been good, I'm finally starting to get to know the students a little bit, but it's still difficult for me, after getting used to having only 12 students in a TEFL class.  Some of the kids are pretty much Beginner level and also extremely shy, so refuse to say a word, while others are of quite a higher level.  Really difficult to find the balance with them.  But I believe we've made a bit of progress this week!  And hopefully when we continue next weekend, we can build on this foundation.

I'm looking forward to having my current so-called 'normal' life back again.  I've been craving to learn more Xhosa!  So next week I'll be back with my mamas again and back with the kids I'm teaching here in Coffee Bay, yay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment