Sunday, July 17, 2011

170711, Yesterday... Saturday- Coffee Bay Rainbow people

Isham who runs Jah Drum, my Indian friend who makes the best rotis...
Haji, the clothes-maker
Jimmy, from Afritude
Bobby the dog, has been known to catch piggies
Esther and Gloria, 2 lovely bead ladies

Well, I’ve  really enjoyed my free time today, after the week of full-time teaching.   I don’t know if I make a very good school- teacher, but hopefully I can make a difference in someone’s life.  Only God will know that.  I missed taking photographs.

 I had a good morning with doing a lot of washing and really enjoying it.  The sun was just perfect and it felt a bit like I was splashing around in a little pool.  After doing a little bit more of cleaning I was getting quite hot, so I went for a swim in the ocean.  It’s amazing that I live this close to the sea!  Wow, I’m really blessed.  But I haven’t swum here as much yet, as you would think.  But today everything just worked out well, so I could go swim  just after one, to get the nicest bit of sun warming me up a little.  And of course the water here is always a fine temperature, so it’s much easier to get into it than Cape Town, although the winter does affect it slightly.  I imagine that summer here must be quite awesome and I’m looking forward to it and to experience it with some other people as well.

 In the movies everyone wants to escape to Mexico.  I think this is South-Africa’s version.  If you can somehow manage to loose yourself from the ties in the city, you can be quite happy in this place. 

 After baby potatoes for a late lunch I walked sea-way to the other side.  Haven’t seen anyone in so long.  Little Josh was there, sitting on a horse.  Fika was curious but not eager to get on the beast.  It was great to see them.  A lot of mamas were also still there and I said hello, once again so nice to see them too.  I love these people.  I couldn’t stay too long to chat, I wanted to find out if my friend Sarah and Capri are back from Cape Town.  It doesn’t look like it.  I hope they come back soon.

 I went to say hi to my friends at Jah Drum and met a rasta guy who makes very interesting clothes.  It was also good to see all those other guys and they made me feel really at home.  I started getting into a little bit of a photo shoot, the light looked really nice on everyone.

I had to tear myself away from it all as it was suddenly getting chilly and late.   I shouldn’t walk home too late.  There are one or 2 tsotsis who seem to want to follow me every now and then, I am a fast walker though.  I also walk different routes and have a few friends I might meet along the way.  As long as I stay in the open places, although that’s not always possible.  I could do with a dog, yes.  But I trust God for protection.  I must just not give anyone the opportunity to mess with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment