Tuesday, September 20, 2011

200911, Tuesday after the ordeal, another Tsotsi and a small fish

I think I can cope now, it feels like everything’s going to be all right again, thanks to many supporting messages on Facebook and everyone else being really supportive. 

My friendly landlord lent me some cash for petrol etc. that my dad will return back into his account again.  I can’t do any internet or other banking transactions at the moment without my phone or ID or bank cards…

So this afternoon when Buyana was here, we went to get some petrol so that I can drive to Umtata again tomorrow after morning classes.  Then I quickly had to go see someone and on the way a fisherman stopped us with a nice big fish for R25. I’ve never before actually bought fish from the locals, it isn’t really in my budget, but today I needed something to cheer me up.   I had R50 on me left over from the petrol money, so I said all right, Buyana goes to the shop while he cleans the fish and I go to do my business quickly. 

After a while  Buyana came calling me, holding up a small fish.  So the guy cheated us by first showing us the big fish, then selling us the small one for the same price.  So we quickly drove and caught up with him and I told him, no man do the right thing here.   I said I’d buy the big fish for R25, not the little one.  So finally he handed it over.  I was not about to get robbed in daylight for the second day in a row.

So, me and Buyana went home, he quickly cleaned the fish, we picked up some wood on the beach and got a little fire going while I boiled some potatoes for a bit of a  salad.  We had a moment of playing djembe drum, I showed him a basic rhythm and then our food was ready.  Fresh fish from the ocean with lemon juice and garlic and some potato salad.  Now I feel much better thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment