Friday, September 2, 2011

020811, Friday evening



Just had supper, fried brinjal and spinach.  Nice.  Listening to Mr Clegg.  You know, that old eighties album, ‘Scatterlings of Africa’, ‘Oh Siyeza’ etc.  Classic.  Makes you want to pack up your little caravan and head deeper into Africa…

So, Mydog is still here and again fast asleep in his new little bed under my kitchen table.  He’s still in pain, but did well today.  When I got up he was standing outside sniffing the plants and would go for a little walk around the caravan every once in a while before finding a new spot to sleep in the sun.   I phoned my ‘landlord’ and told him about the situation and he said it’s no problem for the dog to stay, so I did a little happy dance.  (Happy dances are quite common to be found around here this week for some reason…) 

Mydog ate every now and then and slept the whole rest of the time.  I spent the day working on photos and later went for a walk.  He didn’t even notice that I left and when I got back he had only shifted to another position.  It took some persuading with nice smelling food to get him inside the tent again and back to his warm little bed, but now there he is.  Covering his face with his paw and trying to sleep while I’m blasting Johnny Clegg over the airwaves.  Tomorrow I’ll try to take him with me when I go teach, that’s if I’m going to get him in the car again, I suspect it might not be that easy… 

No comments:

Post a Comment