Wednesday, August 31, 2011

310811, Wednesday, double, triple blessings….

Busi and the sleeping Sezah after a long day...


Who's that peeking into my caravan...?


Orange eating fairies in my garden.....


Today was really a great day, but let me start with yesterday.  Woke up yesterday morning and noticed a fogginess on my mirror and thought to myself, sho did I breathe that much last night?  Then I went outside and saw a general fogginess hovering in the air and into the distance.  Then I started to realize what it must be.  Something I knew existed and experienced before, but have conveniently completely forgotten about.  Humidity.  Are you friend or foe?  I’m guessing the latter. 

 Firstly my veggies are just wanting to rot in a much too hurried space of time, everything gets sweaty and moldy.  Secondly and potentially disastrously, is the effect it might have on my camera…  Humidity can drastically affect one’s technology in a bad way that insurance probably certainly don’t cover.  Anyway, I’ve googled some precautions and I’ll be really careful.  Luckily I only use 1 lens most of the time, so that’s good- to change lenses as little as possible or even better, never.

 Then last night the wicked and wild wind woke up and came for an uninvited visit.  I woke up around 3am and couldn’t sleep again till about 7.  I had to go out, move my car into the best wind-blocking position for what it’s worth and take out some poles and tie down my tent’s side and frontal ‘flaps’ to prevent the wind from turning my tent into an eagle that wants to soar off into the night. 

 Luckily by now I’m well practiced with my little torch and hammer and know just what to do.  Even with that peace of mind it was impossible to sleep with the wind shaking my whole caravan like a smartie box and making really scary sounds just to say that it can do whatever it feels like. “I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house down…”   I can’t help thinking that one day the wind is going to do just that.  These are the only times that I wish to live in a house, the rest of the time I just love my little caravan.

 Today.  The boys are building their new hut this week, so I didn’t teach them today.  I took advantage of that idea and invited my friends Sarah, Capri, Josh, Busi and Snooks over to come and play at the caravan in the afternoon.  Asefika is sick in bed…  Snooks have been nagging for a while now and it’s never been the right opportunity before.  So, I had 3 little fairies come to play today.  I bought a bag of oranges on the way and they couldn’t get enough.  We played in the caravan till everyone got bored of that, then went outside and played some bats and ball– style cricket.  That was super fun and I hope we’re going to do loads more of that in the time to come. 

 Later I took everyone home and on the way back picked gave a lift to some beading ladies.  I took them the extra bit up the hill and got a nice specially picked garden -fresh bunch of spinach as reward.

 When I got home, my new construction worker neighbors, two Indian guys from Durban, brought me some neatly packaged delicious fish curry.  It felt like I had a special delivery from Bhukara…  (Oh and this morning they also brought me some bread and butter pudding! Mmmmm)  I’m getting really spoilt aren’t I! 

 I‘ve already been soaking my lentils since this morning, so I made my soup as well tonight, I can always refrigerate it.  I put in my fresh spinach and had a little now, it’s especially delicious today as well! 

 Oh, by the way, did I mention that I might start helping out at the Christian school in Coffee Bay sometime soon?  Teaching grade 6-9s… That will be interesting!  Will just need to finalize that.  It’ll take a lot of my time, but perhaps will be well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment