Tuesday, August 2, 2011

020711, Tuesday, no troubles...

Snooks and Fika looking at one of the photos

Reflection on a Sunday stroll

My bonsai lettuce and  avo tree embryos

Sun rising over my new dry camping spot behind the reeds.


I've had a nice couple of sunny days to recover from my little adventure of last week.  No surprises thus far this week!  

Had a very nice, peaceful weekend, a bit of stretching the old muscles with some poi moves, a little exploring walk by the river on Sunday, followed by a nice braai with some tjoppies and boerewors (my once a monthly treat!), shared with my friend Travis.  I must say, I think I'm preferring my new camping spot to my old one...

Yesterday (after copious amounts of washing...), I went to the other side and gave most people their photos that I printed in Umthatha last week.  They were all pretty stoked.  Especially the surfer boys are ecstatic about their pics.... Makes me glad.  Hopefully I'll be able to visit more families for family portraits soon.  Haven't been taking any amazing photos for a while.

Everything going according to plan this week, making some good progress with the boys and their extra classes.  It took a while, but Ninti recited the alphabet without mistake for the first time today! I've made some word flash-cards for Thobile  and he's making steady progress.  

The guys got new bicycles last week, to help them get around quicker from home to school etc.  The excitement was unfortunately short-lived for Moses, as he had quite a bad fall over the weekend.  He lost 3 teeth, the poor guy and is feeling pretty miserable.  I hope he will recover quickly!!!

I'm looking into making a clay-fridge (Indian style- Zeer or Pot-in-pot fridge) one of these days, my gas fridge is chowing too much gas!  (Only problem is they apparently don't work so well in humid weather...will give it a try anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment