Thursday, August 11, 2011

100811, Thursday, lots of love...

Some school kids crossing the river in a hurry
Snooks and her friend...
Sarah and Sezah, possibly the cutest baby in the world..!
Woke up with sunshine and went for a nice walk (ihamba ijimi)  this morning...  Later, I checked if Mr Bom Bom was in to talk about the piece of land and yes, there he was.  Turned out he doesn't speak a word of English and there didn't seem to be anyone else around that does either, so I had to pull out my best isiXhosa.  I think he sort of understood what I was talking about, he seems like a good and kind man.  I also had a paper that I drew some pictures on of what I want to do on the land.  I gave this to him and and he said he's going to think about it!  So, I've got hope!  

In the afternoon, I went over to the other side and worked on the bag a bit, with Lucy and Miriam helping.  It is truly a group effort.  

Because it  is nearly full moon, the tides are quite hectic and we laughed a lot every time someone crosses the river, cause they would get about halfway before the tide starts coming in again. Normally the river is very low and you don't even have to take your shoes off, but occasionally the sea comes in quite quick! It reminded me of the Red Sea crossing!  Miriam would shoutingly encourage all the crossers, Baleka!! (which means 'run!') as they were nearing the other side and we would keep an eye out for everyone to see if the make it safely to the other side. 

Then I went to visit Sarah and all the kids playing around at Bomvu.  Man, I love those people!

No comments:

Post a Comment