Monday, August 15, 2011

150811, Monday, a grey day

Mama Miriam, itjommie yam (my friend)

The sunset today, too beautiful really to try and copy on a photo

I hope these are the last of the winter days trying to have their say, because I must say it’s been pretty cold the last couple of days and I’m longing for sunshine.  My whole body aches for sun…  I know I can’t really complain since this is probably one of the places on earth with the mildest winters…but yet I can’t help myself. 

 I am very thankful that this time I survived quite a lot of rain with no further incidences.  Even got some peaceful sleep and filled up a lot of bottles of rainwater. 

 I’ve been having some people make comments lately that I didn’t quite understand.  It’s happened a couple of times when I was out walking that some of the locals en route were having conversations with me and pointed to my face saying the word ‘umhle’.  I kind of assumed they were talking about my sunglasses and that they liked it and wanted me to give it to them.  I wasn’t exactly sure though, so I would just give them a strange look that meant, no sorry, I’m not going to give you my shades…  

 So today I finally found out that they were saying that I’m beautiful….!  Now I feel slightly embarrassed, but mostly good.  It’s nice when people call you beautiful wherever you go.  That surely never happened when I was living in Cape Town or anywhere else…  Anyway, I really want to get to understand this language better!

No comments:

Post a Comment