Wednesday, August 24, 2011

230811, Tuesday, temporary new neighbors

Fire collecting at "Hole in the wall"

Some kids were using their old school desks as 'sleds' going down the hill..!

Sitting and doing some computer work…  Today we’re having some good weather here, one can feel the summer’s coming! 

 When I woke up yesterday, I suddenly  had some new camping neighbors.  Two guys traveling from Richard’s Bay, slowly making their way to Cape Town.  They wanted to check out ‘Hole in the wall’ and invited me to go with.  I was definitely keen to join them, cause I haven’t been there often enough, even though it’s only about 10km away.  That is 10km on a very bad road and I don’t particularly want to put my non - 4x4 car through that ordeal.

 On Friday I had to go to Umthatha to buy a new tire (My one tire was cracked all along it’s side- the guy who changed it for me said that it was indeed ‘dead’.)  When they fitted my new tire, I got told that I also had to replace my bushes (these rubbery things that acts as shock absorbers for the wheels) they were now almost completely disintegrated…  And cost even way more than the tire.  So that’s not very good news for my budget. 

 Anyway, so I’m grateful to be able to visit places with some other people.  It was a beautiful day, sunshine with a slight mistiness. 

 I had a brief teaching session with the boys , who seem to be a bit uninspired to arrive on time on Mondays…  But anyway, at least we got something done!

 Last night the 2 guys came over (Riaan and Mias),  Mias made some good music on his guitar, we had some box red wine and talked until late.  It was nice having some people over for a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment