Sunday, July 22, 2012

210712, Grace and the mud on the floor





Mama Grace doing the first layer of the Reading Hut floor.  Mud.  
After that, more layers of cow-dung/mud mixture.

Mama Grace is one of my special bead-selling-mamas.  In fact she is a mama-kulu (grandmother) in her fifties.  She has the energy of a teenager.  She is always on the go, if not with her slender body and long legs, then with her mouth, not shy to speak out about anything and very quick witted.  I don't always understand what she says due to my limited Xhosa, but I can tell from  the laughter 
she  invokes from her listeners.  

I'm glad to have her on my side.  The other day at the pension market she told the guy who did my skew fence exactly what she thinks of the bad job he did. 

She likes to call me Lavovo.

No comments:

Post a Comment