Monday, April 23, 2012

160412, Day 1 with Thobile (a week later)


Have been having some troubles with my internet lately, might be that the spot where I am has a bad signal, anyway, haven't been able to post for a week...


So, me and Thobile finally started our long-awaited class today (That was last Monday).  Got the message to go ahead in the morning when I woke up and about half an hour later Thobile was here.  It went very well.  If we can make this much progress every day, he’s going to be reading like a superstar by the end of the year. 

Even the maths session went pretty well.  We also had to start with basics.  I’ve never taught maths before and wasn’t really anywhere close to the top in my class, so I’m just taking it as it comes.  We started with some simple additions and I improvised as we went along.  Thobile got real excited as he was starting to grasp what’s going on.  All in all, a great start.  

Tomorrow we’ll be expecting Ninti to join us. (Ninti joined us today, a week later for the first time.  He's starting again with the alphabet letters, which he doesn't quite have down yet, but he did good today, playing around with all the plastic alphabet letters and a alphabet 'puzzle' I got when I was in Cape Town... )

No comments:

Post a Comment