Sunday, April 15, 2012

150412, New friends...

I've made a few new friends here at my new campsite, tonight I just want to mention 2 of them.

The one is a lady who also lives here, although you don't get to see her very often.  I spoke to her for the first time 2 days ago when I was on my way to the shower.  She's from Bangladesh and her husband is one of a group of guys who  run some shops somewhere around here.

 Anyway, I briefly spoke to her and she told me she's been here for a year.  I asked her if she knew the other campsite where I stayed before and she told me that because she is Muslim, her husband prefers for her to stay at home, so she has not seen any of her surroundings since she's been here.  I was impressed by how well she spoke English and she seemed very peaceful and friendly and I hope we'll bump into each other many more times to get to know each other.

I  have a new appreciation for being free and able to go anywhere I like whenever I like... And even having my own car to do so!

My second new friend is called Killer!  (Ha ha no not really, although her name sounds like it, it's actually Aquila)  She's a boxer.  No, not as in 'Million dollar baby' but as in a dog.  5 Months old. She belongs to some other people who live in the campsite, but are more often away than here.  So it seems she has adopted me.

We've had some difficulties in the beginning (which I hope are over now, but we'll see), she kept on biting my feet and hands when I'm walking outside.  She's started coming to my tent and lying outside and bit by bit crept closer till now she's made herself at home inside my tent, claiming a little corner for herself.  In the beginning I chased her out, some dogs around here have lots of fleas, but she looks rather clean.  Plus I felt too sorry for her.  She just wants some love.  And I've got some to give.  So maybe it'll turn out to be a good friendship.  She's sleeping in my tent as we speak, she got hit by a car yesterday when I wasn't here and apparently bolted straight for my tent and sneaked inside.

Well, she's a beautiful dog and I hope I can get myself to be calm and assertive and  be a good pack leader... (Thanks Cesar).  Perhaps a new challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment