Thursday, February 14, 2013

140213, Reading Hut

The Reading Hut is keeping me pretty busy, even got the first 2 adult ladies that's been coming for English classes since Tuesday.  Their levels differ quite a bit, so I give them different things to do.  Normally they arrive first and after a while of being busy with them, I turn around and see a bunch of kids who came in quietly and are keeping themselves busy in the kid's 'corner'.

When the ladies are finished after 2 hours I can spend some time with the kids again.  I'm happy to say that Mhleli's coloring skills have improved drastically and he now uses multiple colors and have become quite creative!

Occasionally I like to read the kids some Xhosa stories and let them help me with the pronunciation.  That's some mouth gym!  I really need a Xhosa-English dictionary still to understand most of what I'm reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment