Tuesday, January 29, 2013

290113 Tuesday, trees and other good things

Had a good day today with Thobi.  Realized again how much work we need to do.  After school I had some pasta for lunch with my last basil Princess pesto that I got in PE.  I’d like to make my own very soon.  Just got to get the parmesan.

After lunch I went to pick up the 4 trees that Roger left for me at the caravan park.  I went up to the Reading Hut with that and another big crate of books.  It’s pretty full now already.   Not long before my builder, Roy came past and I called him over to come and dig the holes for me.  Now the trees are planted!  May God make them grow. 2 Corals, a Milk-wood and some or other Dune false currant. 

My good and faithful friend, Thobile the lifesaver, also arrived to start fixing up the part of the fence that has disappeared.  He is using the Zulu kraal style with long sticks sort of plaited into the wire.  I really like the look and can't wait for him to be finished.  I wish I can have the whole fence like that!  We'll have to do the gates too pretty soon, to keep the sheep and cows away from the new trees.

It’s raining again now very gently (again).  At 6:30 when I got home, I was so desperate for a walk that I put on my raincoat and walked to the beach in the rain.  It was special.   Actually this was a special day all in all. It started this morning with my first (hot) shower in the alternative showers at the campsite.  It used to never have hot water and I only showered there on very hot days but now it’s working with a gas geyser and I don’t have to share the other dilapidated showers with the Pakistanis and their morning vomiting sounds anymore…  I can start and end the day on a happy note. Hallelujah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment