Saturday, January 26, 2013

260113, Saturday- 1st week back... The Reading Hut



It was a good week back and getting the Reading Hut ready...  I brought a little bookshelf and some crates back from Cape Town and got some nice posters for the walls from my friend Marielle that really made the room look pretty.  Yesterday I went to paint 2 blackboard areas on the wall.  A big one and a smaller one in the kids corner.  This morning I put in some plastic carpets.  There has already been a whole lot of children coming by and spending some good time there.  The past 2 days were really special to me, spending time and getting to know some of the kids a little better and seeing how excited they are about this place.  The first day i didn't even have my camera there.  I thought I was just going to fix the place up a bit and all of a sudden there were all these kids from everywhere and it turned into the unofficial first day of the Reading Hut, it was great!  I am very thankful for how things have been working out so far.  (Apart from last night that someone actually broke in and stole the lock that I still had to put inside the door.  That's all they took so I pray they don't come back...)  

Thank you to everybody who has been supporting, you have made a world of a difference to these little kids' lives and there will still be many more days and more kids to come!  

I'll let you know how it continues to go, I still need to do some work.  More books have to go in and I have to sort a lot of that out.  That can happen on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment