Friday, March 9, 2012

090312, Friday in the city...

I took the long road from the Eastern Cape to the Western Cape last weekend.  Today was my first day in the city since I'm back.  I'm not staying right in the city this time though.  I'm staying in the Strand, just a road separating me from the beach, the ocean sounds wonderful at night.  I love Cape Town.  And got a lot of admin done today.  But I'm glad I don't live in the city anymore...  There were a lot of traffic jam experiences today and my aircon isn't working....!

Anyway.  It's really such a different world to what I've gotten used to in the Transkei.  I must say, it's very nice to have 5fm available all day long.  I've missed that, I realize now.  It has become kind of synonymous to the city for me.  I need 5fm to be able to survive the city.  It makes your life feel a bit like a movie that's being played in fast forward all the time and gives you that energy that you need to do everything in a hurry before the city train departs without you and you're left stranded on the empty platform where no-one told you your clothes may have been dealt one too many hand-wash since last season or the price of burgers and parking have gone up too much for you to enjoy anymore.

Ah well.  Life is great isn't it.  Tomorrow I'm photographing a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment