Thursday, April 25, 2013

250413, Mama Gloria 's hut

Mama Gloria and her grandchildren in front of the fallen hut

Well, I certainly didn't come off the worst in the flood.  There were many people whose houses collapsed and my good friend, Mama Gloria was one of them.  I didn't know until this morning when I saw two of her friends and asked them where she was.  Her hut collapsed Sunday afternoon during the heavy rain fall and she had to go and dig out and rescue what clothes and other belongings she could find.  Thankfully she was not inside at the time and there is another hut next door where she can stay.

She seemed in good spirits today when I visited but complained of body and head aches.  She probably has the flu and must be exhausted. I really hope she can get herself some rest...

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed in us."  Romans 8:18

Tea with mama Gloria

The kids in and out

Another neighbor coming to call

No comments:

Post a Comment